It has been about 2 months since my last blog post – and a lot has happened! Before I fill everyone in with where I’m at now, here’s a quick run down of the fun I’ve had in Sacramento, California so far. It’s been a busy summer of community, volunteer, and Latin events with Eric Ratinoff and Chicas Latinas de Sacramento… and it’s not over yet!
Before all the Hispanic Heritage Month and Dia de los Muertos events and posts come, without further adieu I give you… “the reasons I haven’t posted in ages.”
- Volunteered with Chicas Latinas de Sacramento, Feeding and Clothing the Homeless
- I barely made it to (the last) Fiesta en la Calle (of the season), but I made it!
- Attended Mexican American Vintners Association, Harvest Festival in Napa with Eric Ratinoff
- Eric Ratinoff was Nominated (and selected) for “Best of the Bar.” View the Press release
- Chicas Latinas members volunteered at Feria de Educación
- Did I mention Chicas Latinas is hosting a Shoe Drive for Hagginwood Elementary School?
View this post on Instagram
Selling raffle tickets for @chicaslatinas916's Shoe Drive at #sacramento's NEW Sunday Salsa spot 😘❤️💃✨ Donate a pair of shoes for the kids OR donate $10 for your chance to win 😄👏 #vivalaschicas916 #nonprofit #fundraiser #salsa #dancing #community #culture #latino #latina #latism ❤️
Please help us reach our goal, we’re not quite there yet: http://chicasshoedrivedonate.eventbrite.com/
- Was invited to hear President of Mexico’s, Enrique Peña Nieto, address at the California State Capitol, presented by Gov. Brown
- El Grito de Dolores, El Día de la Independencia de México, in Sacramento is simply breathtaking!
And there’s more… wait for it! 😉