Angela Rosas is a Director at Mercury Public Affairs and is the Founder & CEO of Chicas Latinas de Sacramento. Prior to her position at Mercury, working on the California Endowment’s #Health4All campaign, she worked for La Cooperativa Campesina de California as their Community Outreach Coordinator, and was a Business Development and Marketing Coordinator for Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff, where she created the #Network4Cause Mixer series for charity.
She has been a WEAVE Inc. volunteer since 2007, serving as a certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault peer counselor, a Speakers Bureau representative (educational speaker on DV and SA related topics), and provides regular assistance and PR support for various Weave Inc. community and fundraising events.
In 2009, Angela Rosas founded Chicas Latinas de Sacramento in an effort to increase Latina volunteerism, civic engagement, cultural awareness and serve Sacramento’s Latino population.
Now a culture of Latino/a civic engagement in the community, Chicas Latinas celebrated its 6-year-anniversary as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to make a positive impact in both the Latin and Sacramento community by utilizing our people and our culture to educate, inspire, and lead, to improve, connect and embrace our culture and the community in which we call our home.
“Creating a culture of volunteerism and civic engagement in our community, one Latina-Powered Project at a time.” A. Rosas
In 2014, Angela Rosas was nominated as Coors Light Líderes of the Year for her exceptional contributions to the Latino community.
Angela has a B.A. in journalism from CSUS. She worked as a reporter for the Visalia Times-Delta, prior to returning to her hometown of Sacramento in 2009. She took her devotion to community and change, and her knack for story-telling, from the newsroom and directly to the people of Sacramento — becoming a true “voice for the voiceless.”
Learn more, visit “Angela in the News”
- 2009 Founded, Chicas Latinas de Sacramento
- 2011 Women of Color, Sacramento Latina Award Recipient
- 2011 WEAVE Inc. “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” Committee Member
- 2012 Festival De La Familia Committee Chair
- 2012 Latina Magazine, Inspiring Young Latina: Angela Rosas
- 2013 CEO of Chicas Latinas de Sacramento
- 2014 Nominated to serve on Cien Amigos
- 2014 Nominated as Coors Light Líderes of the Year
- 2015 Steps to College, Committee Member (MX. Consulate)
- 2015 Festival de la Familia, Board of Directors Member